0800 78 37 371
8.30am - 10pm Mon - Sun
Call 01675 437 800 For Service
1756 Pershore Rd
Amber’s Cotterage branch covers a large area of the South and West Midlands.
The small parish of Cotteridge is conveniently located a few miles to the south of Birmingham. Its proximity to the Birmingham city centre has given the little parish room to grow into a region that accommodates a diverse class of residents and industries. St. Agnes Church is among the first institutions to develop in the area and has been around for over a century although not in the original building. Cotteridge may not offer the hustle and bustle of some of the other parishes in Birmingham, but it makes up for it in charm and potential. It is not just an interesting place to live but to visit as well.
Cotteridge does not have a lot of history recorded but the little available traces it back to accounts by William Hutton on the history of Birmingham. He referred to a place called ‘The Moats’ that is about four miles to the south west of Birmingham. The Moats was located between Middleton Hall Rd. and Watford Rd. Until 1916, Cotteridge was in the Parish of Kings Norton because there were no boundaries established yet. Redrawing of the boundaries took place in 1926, which is how St. Francis Bournville was born. The year 1841 is when more details about Cotteridge became available with information of land ownership in the region found in the Tithe Map.
The late 1800s saw Cotteridge start to develop as more people moved to the parish. Kings Norton Station, Hudson Bros. Tube Manufacturers, and Maisonette Dairy Company were some of the institutions that fuelled growth in the region. Then came outlets such as groceries, butcheries and confectioneries.
The first building was a Church Room that was constructed using funds raised by the locals. It was the beginning of Cotteridge as a parish, which came with the blessings of the then Bishop of Coventry who opened the hall. This hall was referred to as the Mission Church of Cotteridge. St. Ages Church started construction in 1902 with Viscountess Cobham performing the stone laying function on August 30. Cotteridge separated from Kings Norton in 1916 with Reverend F. C. Crum as the first vicar. St. Agnes was, however, demolished and combined with the Methodist Church, which is at the end of Pershore Road.
For an individual seeing Cotteridge for the first time, The Park is one of the places to visit. It is a Victorian Park that has all the modern facilities including an ampitheatre, tennis courts and playgrounds.
Cotteridge is well served in terms of transportation links with the A441 providing access to Birmingham city centre. The road passes right through the parish, which is convenient for residents in different parts or the region. A lot of buses also provide transportation as they pass by Cotteridge during their daily schedules. The Kings Norton Railway Station is another commuter options available to Cotteridge dwellers via Cross City Line.
Cotteridge Primary School and Cotteridge Girls’ County Modern Schools are the oldest educational institutions in the parish.
Over the years, Cotteridge has evolved from a reserved parish to modern residential and commercial parts of Birmingham city.
Amber Windows recognised the importance of Cotteridge during its early formative years, establishing a local office in 1997. This branch has become a major contributor to the success of Amber Windows and continues to provide a good level of local job opportunities.
No Obligation, Quick & EasyGet a Quote
We are a family run business based in the Midlands for over 25 years.